Guiding Adolescents to Use Healthy Strategies to Manage Stress
Primary: Guiding Adolescents to Use Healthy Strategies to Manage Stress.pdf - 23,749 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Guiding Adolescents to Use Healthy Strategies to Manage Stress.pdf - 24,971 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Guiding Adolescents to Use Healthy Strategies to Manage Stress.pdf - 36,956 KB/Sec
- Building Resilience in Children and Teens: Giving Kids Roots and Wings
- Raising Kids to Thrive: Balancing Love With Expectations and Protection With Trust
- Don't Let Your Emotions Run Your Life for Teens: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills for Helping You Manage Mood Swings, Control Angry Outbursts, and ... with Others (Instant Help Book for Teens)
- How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
- Letting Go with Love and Confidence: Raising Responsible, Resilient, Self-Sufficient Teens in the 21st Century
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
- Your Fantastic Elastic Brain: Stretch It, Shape It
- Group learning and discussion topics
In today's pressure-cooker society, youth need to tap into their strengths, acquire specific skills to cope, recover from adversity, and be prepared for future challenges. That's a tall order for young people but may be particularly challenging for youth exposed to chronic stress or traumatic experiences.
Most risky teen behaviors serve at least partly as coping strategies that help youth manage uncomfortable stressors. These behaviors offer fleeting relief but lead to troubling patterns that only magnify stress and are in some cases life threatening. Helping youth develop a range of positive alternative coping strategies may diminish their need to turn to these worrisome quick fixes and will prepare them to thrive.
Developed for all youth serving professionals, Guiding Adolescents to Use Healthy Strategies to Manage Stress helps you
- Improve your skill sets in helping adolescents manage life's challenges.
- Offer practical approaches for guiding youth to control their reactions and choose healthier behaviors
- Use strategies to de-escalate tension when stressors lead to crises